Sunday, January 22, 2012

Farm work




As you know my Dad is sick .....and we live on /next to the family farm. I have been doing the farm work with my sister and Mum...and sometimes with friends. Some things I have coped with fine, such as broken water troughs....mad fence jumping cows ....sheep and even the farm dog worked for me the other day.But some things got me stumped....like trying to join water pipes. So a call to neighbours was in order. We have amazing people locally. They are only happy to help when needed. Eve has been my trusty farm steed. She has learnt to deal with sheep jumping from funny places and frisky heifers who just want to chase us. Each farm job links us back to the road in some way so she has also got to be great with traffic.......She is the thing I love doing ....riding riding riding.When I'm riding life is good!!!

5 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Thats the ticket girl! Ride the Wind, to hell with the rest.Lol!

Ps, Thinking of you and Dad!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like busy times! Eve seems to be a great horse!

Grey Horse Matters said...

A lot of hard work in trying times to be sure. It's so good to have neighbors that help. I think Eve is one perfect horse and is fitting in quite well with the routine and farm life. She's a keeper definitely. Hang in there.

Sharon said...

Thank goodness for amazing neighbours in rural communities. Kia Kaha Sally & family.

allhorsestuff said...

I know that all has sprung with your dads passing...but please do thake a therapy ride for yourself and sing to your dad as you gallop on Eve!