Life isn't very fair sometimes as we all know .....my Dad has spent most of the last 5 weeks in hospital ...several weeks of that in ICU. Today he was shifted to a Hospice as yesterday we found out he has stage 4 aggressive cancer. The hospice are simply amazing and are doing their best to sort his pain to a point he can come home for the weeks to come.We now just have to make the most of each day. It certainly makes you stop and think about all the things in life you need to do ...should have done ....and the things that just dont matter.
So I guess if you are reading this ....turn the computer off and go do something you love doing for the next little while ....make it count and enjoy!!!
8 comments:
I am very sorry for your news. Hospice is a very good thing, and I hope you'll get to spend some time with him. Thinking of you - and taking your advice very seriously.
I am so very sorry! Hospice is great and being able to look back on the good days that they allowed you to have is priceless... I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
I'm very sorry to hear the news about your Dad. It's never easy to deal with these situations. Hospice is a wonderful place, I hope they can make him comfortable and ease his pain.
We should all take your advice seriously. Wishing you more time with Dad.
Hi Sally....I am thinking about you and your Dad. It is not easy, and you have a point about doing something that matters.
There isnt a lot to say, and no words can ever give enough.
My thoughts are with you.
Good advice. So sorry you are facing this sad and difficult time
Ugh Sally...so sorry. You will have some amazing moments with your dad after his pain is managed. It's like you get the whole person back for a while and it's wonderful. Say all the things you need to and cherish the time.
I had a special week or so with my mom during her hospice stay where whe was very alert and painfree. Losing her was awful.
I am here if you need to talk about any of it. **hugs**
Thanks for all the lovely words and support via cyber space .....Since this post we have seen an improvement in the pain ....all of course due to drugs.And today I even got to take Eve to her first ever show, in fact her first ever outing. It was nice to do something for me jsut for a few hours
Hi Honey. The Hospice are great. I was with them through Dad's passing a few years back. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Post a Comment