Sunday, March 11, 2012

time with my four legged friends




Yesterday I had the loveliest ride with a couple of friends around the lane ways of three farms. It was about  a half hour drive to the farms and the day was picture perfect ....sunny, clear skies and warm. THe mountain was a perfect backdrop with an icing sugar sprinkle of snow dusting its pointed top. We mooched along and chatted about everything and nothing and had a lovely 2 hours out. Eve was just a honey ....a little bit excited to start but withing the first ten minutes settled.
 Today the day dawned grey and had the threat of rain which appeared tonight. Earlier in the day it was hair salon day.....each horse had their mane pulled, Eve had her tail washed and trimmed.  ... all that was missing was the person to trim my hair.

5 comments:

Val said...

Cute photos! The whites are so white on your ponies and now I see why. Looks like it was a successful salon day. I need my hair cut, too. ;) Ponies come first!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looks like a lovely day! Funny how we have all the time in the world to beautify the horses, but time for a haircut??? I have to do that soon too

Grey Horse Matters said...

There's nothing like a spa day for the horses. Glad you had such a lovely ride.

cheyenne jones said...

Hi Sally! Hows things? Good? Not to bad?......Good pics,

A salon day? .....Whats the world coming too? But the "wee beasties" do look good!

Its nice just to chat and ride along, without any particular hurry.

Good on ya girl!

Margaret said...

Gave my horses a bath the other day... by the end of they day, after all thier shaking, they gave me one too! :) I LOVE the word "mooched"! :)