I'm not quite sure where to start ....things are crazy busy round here..... but the horses are enjoying the most beautiful weather. It seems we are enjoying summer second time round although the nights are really cold. My OH has been busy doing firewood while my brother is away working doing seismic testing for oil and gas ......this all means I'm in charge of the farm. So the weekened was mostly spent shifting mobs of cows and not much riding. However we have a public holiday Wednesday and I plan on doing all the farm work using the horse.
The days before all this have been spending time with my kids. They have had Easter break and seem to be totally into the whole surfing thing. We went to watch the surf champs at a local beach. It is part of the world pro tour and it was exciting seeing one of our local surfers make the semis. Paige is part of the dream tour. The girls then came home and had the barbies surfing around the living room and of course in the bath. They then spent a few days at the beach learning to surf , staying the night in a small cabin. While they were surfing with their Dad I stayed at home and rode Eve. We had a few lovely rides ....I will post a few photos next time.
I'm back at school as of today for the start of our second term. This school term is ten weeks long. It is a busy term and one which starts out with me doing an extra day a week for the 1st 5 weeks. I'm slightly freaking at the thought of more work load but it will mean xtra money and that of course means more to spend on my horses. So a small price to pay
6 comments:
Surfing! wow! I am a prarie girl the best I ever do is "surf" in the snow!(just another way to describe slipping and trying not to fall)
We finished spring break two weeks ago. Whenever we go back there is always that feeling of "here we go". I hope your hard work pays off with more pony stuff.
Fernvalley ....I can only dream of surfing the snow ....so we enjoy the beach .....you would be always welcome to come stay and spend time at the beach with me. It's fun for sure.
Val ....it's nice knowing there are other horse girls who teach as well ....makes me feel good that I'm not the only one trying to juggle kids and horses
Seems like you're going to have a mild winter season like we did here in the States. That means more ride time.
Surfing competition sounds like a lot of fun. Nice that Dad can teach the girls how to do it. My son used to surf quite a bit but now that he's married with kids he gave it up. But I still have his board in the basement of course. (they leave a lot of things here)
You do sound very busy but I'm sure it will calm down soon.
GHM - I sure hope we have a mild winter. Thats cool that your son surfed too. He may get back to it one day. Drop the board at his house. It may awaken the urge. Hope that gorgeous Dusty is being a good girl
How neat to have Barbies surfing around everywhere! My kids are grown. And then, I had boys. No Barbies in our house!!
Thanks for your kind thoughts on my blog.
Gypsy cobs are one of my favorite horses!!
Post a Comment