Well Summer has well and truely gone ......Autumn is nearly over too ....so that brings winter just a mere two weeks away but the last few days have been truely wintery. We woke this morning to see the mountain with its first real dump of snow covering its slopes. The bite in the air was bitter. My poor horses are in mud and riding is just not on the agenda it seems. Work is crazy busy and farm work takes up spare daylight hours.
Each morning I muck out Pebbles and Eve and they get a good armful of hay. After work I do the other two and then they all get more hay and Eve gets a feed. In a week or two I will start feeding the two youngsters. Tonight Olivia helped me and we must have looked a sight ....both in gumboots , rain coats and leggings ....hoods up on the coats and hunched over into the rain. Olivia did well for 6yrs and not at all horsey. She opened gates as I lugged hay and allowed me to keep moving. I'm sure I would have toppled over in the mud trying to balance hay if I had to open catches on gates.
I hope lots of you are in more warmth than here.!!!!
6 comments:
Yikes! we are finally getting some warmth and green! Stay warm
Sorry Sally, no such luck here! Rain, hail, gales, and yesterday, it snowed! Well admitedly only a few wet flakes, but this is May!! God help us! Its only 5 weeks `til Midsummer, whatever that is!
Take care!
We're finally getting some warmth here, crazy how the seasons change in different areas of the world. Although, I must admit, we badly need rain in this desert area! I hope you enjoy lots of hot, delicious cocoa during your cold weather!
I just put away my winter wear...and made a list of what I need to replace (boots, gloves...) before our winter is back. I must say that my "outfit" leaves a lot to be desired as far as fashion goes! (0:
Stay warm!!
OOOOOHHHH Yay so glad that some of you are enjoying the green and warmth. Your comments got me thinking about my winter gear( or lack of). This morning my mucking out fork was frozen and my raw hands stuck to it .....stupid me!!!! then the hose pipe that fills the horses water buckets was frozen so 'YES NO WATER' ...so in my mad dash to work I was filling buckets of water from the house. I need new gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!! and free flowing water!!!!
You just got your first bit of winter, we here in the NW- SPRING!
I'LL keep saying hang in and also try to send dry beautiful days to you!
KK
Post a Comment