Thursday, May 17, 2012

frozen water

This morning the water pipes were frozen .......I picked up the fork to muck out and my hands stuck to the handle (must buy new gloves!!!!!!!!!) .......so in my mad dash to work I wrapped a towel around the handle of the fork and mucked out the horse poo ....threw hay to the horses, goat and mad sheep .....filled buckets of water from the house for the horses.....filled their water troughs .....and did my mad dash for work. I'm doing 4 days teaching a week at the moment ....then getting home , changing and then doing farm work........350 acres of stock. Tonight was setting up fences for tomorrow. I was trying to be subtle ( imagine me creeping around in a canary yellow raincoat and leggings trying to blend in). Against the green I dont think I was too subtle- quite the opposite I'm sure!!!!!!!
We have our house on the market for sale   ........YES we are on the move. We have our house perfect but it is just not enough land. We have our eye on a bigger block of completely bare land. It is a huge risk to sell what we have in the hope that the gods favour us and allow the next block to be ours. It will mean renting for a while ( I HATE RENTING) then we get to set up more land into the ultimate horse property. ( must be super nice to hubby since he is not horsey ........I tell him it could be a golf course!!!!!!!!!!!)
 Tomorrow I have the agents coming to collect the paper work and then the photographer comes to photograph the whole thing for the net to sell. So early morning will see me doing house work .....sorry Eve ......ride later

3 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

frozen water!!!!! takes me back a month or two!!! Good luck on the sale

Grey Horse Matters said...

Don't know how you get it all done in a day. Whew! Good luck with the sale.

allhorsestuff said...

Wowsa Sally!
Never a dull or spare moment with you!
Love your plan( and your hubby)!

Eve' s halter looks smart on her.
KK