Monday, June 18, 2012

no power

Tonight has been a night of weather extremes .....the power has come back on ( hence I'm typing) ....but earlier I was talking to a friend and there was a huge flash of lightning then the lights went out. The rain was pelting on the windows mixed in with a good dose of hail.In the background my girls were screaming blue murder ....they hate the pitch black!!!!!. I had to do a grope towards the fire. I knew the matches were on the mantle. I love candles so then it was a matter of just finding the closest and striking a match. A few minutes later and about 8 candles going we had enough light to see with.  The thunder still rumbled and while the rain fell we sat by the fire. Outside the horses are tucked up in the stable out of the mud for the night.
 Riding ........what is that I ask.......who invented work and dark evenings with rain thrown in for good measure. Roll on a fine day!!!!!

5 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Know how you feel! Its cosy though?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I sure don't mind the sunshine these days , we have had a few thunder storms , but mostly we are having some decent summer weather

Nikker said...

Some of the funnest times we had as a family, while we were kids, was when the lights went out. We cooked on the wood stove. Ate dinner by candle light and then played scrabble until bed time! (0: Happy times!
Hope you find some riding time soon!

allhorsestuff said...

Wowee, thats really stormy !
Candles, fire roaring, tea and giggles...sounds good for the pitch black

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Oh snap! that looks waaay too familiar! I feel for you