Thursday, August 23, 2012

crazy decisions

I'm in a tale spin .........I've been meaning to write for some time but cant seem to get my head around the whole situation .....
 My Dad's brother, my Dads Mum, then my Dad ...then my Mums Dad .....all passed away in the last 10months.Life is in a tale spin for sure .....the family farm, the place I ride, graze my horses .....is all up in the air.The question is will it be sold ....yes. It's just when and to whom.
 We have our house on the market as well. With the family farm in question I am without grazing. I have been kinda spoilt ...helping myself over the years to paddocks here and there. Ideally I need a bigger block of my own and around here there is just no grazing.
 So all this has been leading me to major decisions with regard to having 4 horses.It has upset me,stressed me out !!! .....so I have made the first heart breaking decision and for now I have moved one horse on. Mosaic one of my Gypsy cobs is off down to the South Island right by the place he came from where he will be King pin for a lovely lady called Gerri. He will be taken to shows in hand and later on under saddle. He will get the time I dont have and so I can only be but happy ( well sort of)
 Back here on the home front I have booked Hokey Pokey in to be broken in. The place I have chosen is a 4 hour road trip from here and expensive but is held in high regard. I'm happy about this decision and this wee guy will be staying with me no matter what.Then there is my gorgeous Eve who also needs lots of work ......the big question is do I try to do both or what.......I'm all at sixes and sevens...and have discover wine doesn't help ....just makes the headaches worse.
 Losing my Dad has been huge ....hard watching my Mum trying to adapt and hard trying to make decisions that are best for everyone.
 I still expect him to drive in the gate for a cup of tea......sometimes life sucks ....and the rain keeps coming

8 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Life does suck sometimes doesn't it. I think you're the only one who can make the decision that's best for you and the horses. I'd hate to see you give up Eve, she's a really special horse and seems so right for you. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot to deal with - my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Terry said...

Oh my dear, I am so sorry.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sending huge hugs to you, so much has gone on and is still left to deal with. Prayers for you for peace and comfort as well

cheyenne jones said...

Hi Sally, the headaches are the worst. Your right, wine doesnt help, and nothing can begin to take the place of lost family. My Dad died last year, plus his sister, my mothers father and mother too. It was a whole heap of grief for us. You are not alone, and although you may think so at times, there will be those who`s kindness and help will pull you through. Its not easy, it really hurts at times and those we care for and love, seem gone forever. I am now the only one left of my immediate family, and as the eldest, I have times when I wish I had a brother or sister to share thoughts with. But then, I think that maybe, just maybe, things will get better, it takes time, you will come through. God bless.

Nikker said...

My heart breaks for you and your family...I cannot even fathom how difficult this time must be for you. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers....

sally said...

Thanks to my blogger friends ....lots of things have been sorted in the past week for my Mum which has made life less stressful .....I know I'm not the only one in this situation and sometimes just writing about stuff is good in its self .....even though this blog is meant to be happy and horsey! .

allhorsestuff said...

Sally - oh my dear heart-!
These events change life drastically so and make it a bit harder. I cried when I read that you seem to look for dad at the gate with tea. He is missed!!
I imagine him counselling you still though, I am sure his wisdom's voice still rings in your heart.

Bless your soul, your poor mum! That is so shocking...I hope she can hang in and I sure wish some land could be willed to you!! You have helped and enjoyed that land for so long. You are part of it and it part of you! I am praying that can be worked out !

These are hard choices...breaking up the pair of horses..oh I'm sending you a big ol' hug! Please keep Eve...she is lovely. ( I know you can only do what you can do!)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Hang in love~ hug your fam!!!
Kac