Sunday, December 2, 2012

My summer ride

Well the best intentions to break my horse in myself are not going to be realised. I just dont have the time to do every day without fail so I have decided to go the expensive option and send him to Auckland to a really good facility with an excellent reputation for starting young horses. It's a busy environment with loads of horses coming and going and very professional. He will go mid January and will be away for about 10 weeks.I'm really excited as he is such a special horse.
 In the mean time I have a new summer ride to get me back into the saddle and hopefully out and about for the summer. It will mean I will have my saddle seat back for when Hokey comes home.

 So meet my ride for the summer ........

6 comments:

Val said...

Oh! So cute!

Good decision to get Hokey moving in his training.

cheyenne jones said...

I gotta hand it to ya! he`s a real beaut!...........Say? ....I`m lookin` for good horse!.......Just foolin` Sally! How are you? Hope things are good, and all well!

jill said...

Be careful....once you go buckskin its hard to give them up.......lovely horse!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds great! cant wait to read more about the summer ride!

Terry said...

Congrats! He's very cute - what's his name?

Nikker said...

Gelding or Mare? :0)
I'm so excited for you and Hokey! I just send Fiona out AGAIN. Kinda sick about it on one had, but in the end I'm in the same boat as you are!
Hope that you're newbie gives you a great summer of riding!!