I live on the edge of my family farm that for generations has been the venue for riding horses, dating back to my greatgrandfather who was the first master of the local Hunt Club. It is now where I enjoy riding and training my horses. This blog is now the story of Hokey Pokey, my Gypsy cob cross bred pony.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Summer ponies
It has been a while since my last post .....we have been flat out making hay. We do small conventional bales which of course are great for handling. I have 130 in my shed and am getting them cheap but am being my brothers slave in the process. We put away 500 odd bales 3 days ago ....the same tomorrow. Last week was about 400. My arms are looking very toned as a result. Our weather has been stunning so it has been days spent doing stuff then to the pool or beach in the afternoon. It's 11pm and still 24C . The only bummer is the earthquakes we keep having ......loads of tremors to keep us on our toes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Sounds like you'll be well stocked with hay with great looking arms! The earthquakes and tremors sound scary. Stay safe and enjoy the beach and pool.
Those earthquakes must be worrying, but as long as they are`nt too bad.
We've had drought for the last few years, so hay is very expensive here.
Earthquakes scare the snot outta me! (0: We don't get many at all, and I'm glad...
I miss the days that I "knew" someone I could enslave myself to for better hay prices! The sweat is so worth it, and in some ways its a double win! Money saved and some pretty darn good exercise too!
Enjoy your wonderful weather!!
thanks for your comments and yes the earthquakes are a bit scary. Hopefully the earth just tremors away and lets off steam so no big one builds up. As for the hay ....yes a bit of hard work and sweat makes the cheap hay so worth it. We have such a glut of grass around at the moment that hay can be bought for $6 per bale which is pretty good. I have a few photos I'll post
HA! I was thinking about your ARMS... in your header looked pretty buff!
Now I know why...HAY! That is a lovely size to heft around. I much prefer that to the 150 lb 3 strand bales we have at our barn...man.
OH! Earth quakes...is it that mountain? In the photo above? How far away are you?
Post a Comment