Sunday, May 19, 2013

clipping time

It has been wet wet wet .....so what is a girl to do .....well poor Hokey got plonked in the shed to dry out and then out came the clippers. Now Hokey has never been clipped before  so the clippers geared into action saw his eyes goggle out of his head. I held the clippers in my right hand and simply started grooming him with a brush in my left. He started to relax so I got closer and closer with the clippers then held them on his neck. Hokey was such a good boy and really didn't seem to mind so I braved a few swipes and .........guess what ...he didn't mind!!!!.
 So a half hour later and some very curious looks ( he was like 'what the heck are you doing to me mum') we finished part one. That is to say part one is the neck and belly off and looks sort of respectable. We'll see down the track if I venture further. For today it was simply awesome that he let me do what I did. And now we will be able to work a bit harder in the winter evenings and not have to worry about soggy wet coats that dont dry

5 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Clipping is a huge pain - I'm glad he was a good boy!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

glad he was a good boy

Grey Horse Matters said...

He's such a great horse. Good boy Hokey!

allhorsestuff said...

LOVE***THAT! He's great.Mum is not too bad at new stuff!

That neck and belly for girth is all I did last year...worked great.
I used to ride in much thicker brush, and the entire belly and hind quarters needed to be clipped too.

Rising Rainbow said...

It's so cool he did well with the clippers like that.