colder nights have meant less time to really get stuck into Hokey after work. I'm struggling to get home with enough daylight hours to ride .....all this make it difficult to keep Mr Hokey Pokey busy. We have been on more outings. Some have seen some explosive youngster moments ....one such moment came out of the blue and yes I came off. I got straight back on and got stuck in but gee whizz didn't see it coming. So back to the drawing board. I'm now becoming a lot more aware of Hokey's body language. He isn't as obvious with it as other horses and when things distract him his wee 3 year old brain gets a tad excited. It is a case of staying one step ahead.Oh and I really need to get him clipped. Washing him in the above photo was a bad move ....it took hours to dry him off. Not ideal heading into the cold evenings.
I hope the sun is warming all those northern parts and you are all enjoying some lovely spring weather.


4 comments:
Hopefully it warms up a bit.
Eee, hate those explosive moments you don't see coming.
He sure looks good. We are finally warming up , as you cool down
OH!...That explains the almost-totally-OFF THE GROUND shot in the header! Wow he was UP!
So sorry so hear of the explosive jettison. I do know about coming off...glad you were able to get back on for his wee brain to comprehend.
Neato clip, that's the one I gave Wa this past winter,though we rode not).
That seemed quick..your summer, but then we here are always wanting to get out of winter's grip the whole summer time, for you.
You got a great start on your Hokey...he'll be able to settle soon.
Post a Comment