Tuesday, February 22, 2011

earthquake

Tonight while the hot humid air sat hanging and the rain came closer on the horizon we sat glued to the TV. Christchurch city has been devastated by a really destructive earthquake. There are warnings on the net for Wellington City to be prepared for quakes as well. Its right about now that we remind ourselves that we live on a very young geological country that is prone to volcanoes and quakes. While they dig people out tonight and look after the homeless we can only think of those down there and say a prayer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very scary - sending good wishes and thoughts.

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's horrible. Hope there are not too many more tremors. Stay well and safe.

allhorsestuff said...

Petitions are being sent from Oregon for Mercy and healing!
Sally, so scary. Everyday we have is a blessing, and calamity free-miracle!
With you too, from here ~
Xoxo
Kac

Hurricanes12 said...

didn't know about wellington too, that must feel pretty close to home for you.

poor canterbury though, give them a break. they haven't had a good run of it lately :(

Rising Rainbow said...

I thought about all my friends in the proximity. Not knowing the geography of the area that well, I could only hope that people were safe.

I've seen some of the footage on the news and feel so bad for everyone. It's hard to sit and helplessly watch when people are suffereing.

I'm glad you are safe and hope it stays that way. It's hard to know what to expect when Mother Nature is involved.

jill said...

I buy some vitamins from a company in Christ Church. They had sent out a email alerting us to the earthquake and how it affected them. Glad to know you and yours are safe.
I met people last night who have traveled NZ extensively. They loved it, said it is all just so beautiful. Made me think of you.