My gosh where has the time gone .....it has been a while since I have visited and things have been pretty busy. Last week I didn't even get a ride in. Everytime I went to venture out something came up .....one such occasion was another paddock of hay. It didn't take us too long to pack the barn and then it was cold drinks to follow.We have just one paddock to go.We also had a friends 40th and that meant a slow start to Sunday ......with a house hold of 7 year old girls as well it was all just a bit mad.
I did get out to work Diego on a long line .....he seems a bit sore in his back end which has me stumped. I did ride tonight though.....and just walked.It was really hot so I didn't go till about 6pm. Diego was pretty full on and the dog didn't help matters by jumping in and out of the creek ....chasing the sheep, and generally just getting in the way.We had a nice time despite all the distractions.
Afterwards while Diego dried off after a hose I went out to my vege patch. It looks like a pile a weeds which it really is!. It is the pile of top soil that was removed for the house site. I decided at the start of summer to plant it with zuchinni, watermelon, cherry tomatoes, egg plant, cucumber, potatoes, pumpkin .....and for a pile of weeds its providing lots of goodies.
I also got a bucket of blackberries ........so as the nights get cooler and summer ends we are enjoying the spoils of sunny days. Its a case of enjoying
3 comments:
Sounds like you've been busy. Your garden sounds like it has yielded lots of goodies even if it is a weed pile. Enjoy the fruits of summer while you can.
oh yum, next summer i really will dig up the overgrown mess that has become our vege garden!
sounds like you've been hectic, we had to collect 100 bales of hay for the winter from a farm over the road. i don't envy you having to deal with that scratchy, itchy stuff so much haha!
Good that veggies are growing under the cover of the weeds ! Gives me hope for my gardening skills.Hope Diego resolves quickly
Post a Comment