Thursday, March 24, 2011

HOY















































































Its been a while since I have posted anything. I have experienced great highs as girls friends and I travelled to NZ Horse of the year and then this week the low of going to a funeral of a young man( the son of family friends) who tragically took his life. It made me sit back and evaluate my life and whats important......the importance of communication .....the importance of living each day with those you love.


So as I reflect I return to that part of my life I love so much .....horses.......and wow what a fabulous time I had away with Tash and Sonya. We travelled to Havelock North where we stayed. HOY was just down the road a few minutes away. We stayed in a pool house belonging to friends of Tash. They were very lovely to lend us the fabulous accomodation - 5 of us girls all up.




Horse of the year was fantastic .....the temperatures were roasting .....the horses simply beautiful. I could have taken many home.....the shopping was lethal( a horse lovers idea of heaven). We spent hours watching show jumpers scale great heights .....dressage horses dance to music .....show horses strut their stuff and much more. Going home with new rugs, boots, brushes, and a new helmet it felt like Xmas.And of course Autumn and Diego to kick start the photos

7 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Great photos! Loved the whole thing, good luck NZ!

jill said...

Love beautiful horse pics! And that poolhouse looks nicer than my own house!!
My friend is coming up on the year anniversary of her husband's death. (suicide too)She has two boys and my heart breaks for her. She has to be so strong for them when I know she's barely holding on herself. Keeps things in perspective for me.
I am looking forward to a clinic in May so that I, too, can have "all horses all the time" for a few days!!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Well, that looked like a lovely place to stay , and I hear you on the shopping ,I went to Spruce Meadows a few years ago, Wide eyed wonder I tell you!. So sorry about your friend's son, it is so tragic when a young person ,or any is in such a dark place that they take their own life

Rising Rainbow said...

Love all the pics. I was amazed at how many people are in the stands. We don't get those kinds of numbers here anymore.

Sorry to hear about the loss in your circle of friends. That's always so sad and even more so when they are young.

Hurricanes12 said...

they are really awesome photos, is the bay in the dressage photo airthrey highlander and bill noble? he is such a beautiful horse!

glad you've had a great time and very jealous you went shopping at hoy this year haha

sorry to hear about your friends son too, that's awful.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh Sally,
it does make one take into account the way you live and love when someone nearby experiences such loss. Sorry to hear that!

GRAET SHOW DAYS OF ALL HORSE DAYS!! And staying in the poolhouse, what absolute luxery!!
Fantastic boots!!!!!
Jealous of your shopping...I CAN'T do anything of the sort..I must Sell,sell,sell!!!

I had to scroll back up to the top to see your two...OH MY..um, they look like HORSES now!
XOXO
good to hear of the delights!
Kac

Grey Horse Matters said...

You look like you all had a wonderful time. I would love to visit there one day. Love your pictures and the new header is so cute.

Sorry about your friends child, how horrible for the family and circle of friends.