With just days till winter is officially here it isn't hard to tell by just walking out the door. We have had over a week of torrential rain. We are a bit like Oregon ....when it rains IT RAINS .....and no I'm not mockng Oregon I did live there for a while and I know .....London in February is the other rainy spot I know. Anyway I got home last night to discover Diego and Pebbles had been having a fun play session in the field ......it was a case of 'lets see how much we can piss Mum off ......lets just gallop - and oh lets gallop some more - and oh ooooppppssss we have ploughed up the paddock'
Of course when I got home I could have planted spuds .....yes it was that ploughed up!. Oh dear so on went the wet weather gear ....gorgeous muddy over pants, gumboots and beautiful yellow raincoat and off I went to move the terrors and try to stomp some ground back into place. Two very apologetic ponies followed. I think all they really wanted was food, but I pretended they were really sorry and were being loving. The back part of my brain knew better of course.
Tonight the rain was gone and in its place was the most spectacular moon rise. I had the kids come out side to see. We watched a while until it got too cold. In the moonlight the snow on the mountain glowed. The next few days are meant to be fine and tomorrow my Dad finds out all his test results. Fingers crossed
2 comments:
Prayers for your Dad, and hope the weather gives you a break for a while
Fingers are crossed here too.
We've had a break in the weather too. Actually sun for the second day now and temps in the 60s. Cool for spring here but dry none the less. Still the creek is flooded from the rain preceeding this. I hope you get a break.
Post a Comment