


Today ended with a roller coaster of emotions ......red wine and of course here I am on the computer catching up with horse buddies.I left work early to go see my Dad in hospital. He has a nasty infection internally from the last operation. His white blood cell count last night was so high it should have killed him but he is a tough cookie and kept it at bay. His results all came back .....aggressive cancer which needs to be removed as chemo wont fix it. All scary stuff but the operation to remove it will be done by one of the worlds best and they are confident they can buy him some time. So we have adopted a come on attitude ....bucket list to be achieved attititude and thats what we will aim for.
The boys in my life are enjoying the sunshine today ......the ring worm wasn;t ........its a nasty bacterial rain scald. I was quite relieved actually that it wasn't ringworm. One vet visit later and I have this wash stuff that I have to put on them. So it has been a crash course in hosing down. Mosaic was ok but Hokey took one look at the hose and said 'bugger off Mum....you aint comin near me!!!!!!!'. In the end I sorta won. I have included a picture of Hokey at the clinic with my sister. He was such a good boy and did so well. I'm a proud Mum.
Mosaic on the other hand got there in the end but has a stubborn streak.
Another bright note is my Hubby's car is fixed .....remember when I crashed into his car .....well a thousand bucks later and its fixed. I just need to get mine fixed now.
To Heidi ....a gorgeous girl ....it was lovely seeing you today. Hope you enjoy looking at my blog.To Sherry of Fernvalley thanks so much for my beautiful calender. It finally got here and made a difficult day special. Happy days everyone
7 comments:
I know we are far away, and that we wont ever see you, or you family in our lifetimes. To those who think that a connection via e-mail isnt possible, in terms of feelings and thought? Sorry not true!
So, here we go, having been a sufferer of the big C, and recently had another scare, its a real tough cookie, that carries on. Its not easy, it isnt fair, and it isnt a disease that can be shared. All I can say, is this, whatever time there is, whatever moments can be grabbed, grab them, seize them.
I`m sure you know this, and wont waste a second, my best wishes to your father, and your family.
Take care.
Very sorry to hear about your dad's health issues, although it sounds like you have the best course of action in process.
Sending best wishes to all of you.
Sally, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. This is a hard time for your family but your dad sounds like a tough cookie. I wish him luck with his surgery and all the best.
So glad that the calender helped ,but wow that took a long time! Hugs to you and prayers for your dad and family
Thanks for your best wishes everyone. Good friends in person and around the world make you strong I've decided .....
Oh Sally, my dear! Oh, you've been having your own internal weather systems there...with car ordeals, pony stuff, and now your dads recent findings.
Oh love, I'm hurting with you. Strange, this life and how we can be on a roller coaster fun ride one moment, then another sort, the next. I know your spirit, it's strong. Praying for you and yours, keep the faith ~
My best and strongest to you,
Kac
So sorry to hear the news about your dad. Having lived through it with family members, I know Cheyenne is right on track with his advice. Make every moment count.
Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.
Post a Comment