Oh my gosh the holidays have finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 11 weeks of school and I'm had it. ....and I know the kids are too!!!!. Today was the last day of term and although I didn't teach today it was a busy day as this morning I had abig truck of sawdust delivered. To my dismay it is all wet through....and I mean saturated. I started to shift it into the shed but decided to leave it to drain. So far tonight there is a steady stream of water flowing down the drive way from the bottom of the pile.Very depressing to say the least. This is the first time I have had it delivered wet!!!. But the yard said we have had so much rain they just cant get it to people dry. The last few weeks have been relentless rain ....in fact we have had 139% more than normal . So yes you guessed it ....not much riding and plenty of mud.
With sun due tomorrow I'm hoping the sawdust will dry out a bit. Half will be shovelled onto my gardens as mulch to keep weeds down and the other half will go in the stable. If I keep turning it hopefully it will dry.
If nothing else at least I will be fit!!!!!! when it is all where its meant to be!
3 comments:
Squelchy wet here too, though the sun has finally come out for a day or so. SO much humidity that the first cut hay that was baled dry is trying to suck up moisture , really have to watch for heating , I only picked up a few because of it , brought them home and opened them up to dry again. Hope it straightens out soon the feed mil has over 5000 bales up
rain here too! Lots of it, non stop! Thunderstorms and hail too!
The sawdust! Sorry about that, but it should dry out!
That sawdust does sound heavy. You'll have some muscles when all the shoveling is done. Hope it dries out for you.
Post a Comment