Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Just one

Just one horse is my life now .........(life got too hard) .......beautiful Eve is living with the most fabulous new family ......the toughest decision in my life .......Mosaic is also heading off to a new home.......and My little Hokey Pokey I could not part with.He is wary .....the wildest of the three......not my best friend ....but for some reason he is the one I'm keeping. The other two are easy to love ......Hokey I thought might be misunderstood and that I couldn't bear.
 The tears flowed ......regret .....was I mad ......yes ......and no. Life is just to plain crazy for everything to happen smoothly and that is what I was needing ....a little smoothness ......just one horse. To have the time, the money to do it well, and to be able to keep one horse at home and not be constantly running from place to place to ensure they were all okay.
 I've been mulling this post over for some time .....and now is the time to kick start my journey with one little Gypsy cob called Hokey Pokey. It's time to be able to make me and this little horse priority number one . In the past other things have been number one ...and two and three ... and the horses have been the things that kept me sane. Now they are not the sanity they are a top priority. They make me me.
 Yes I've had some beautiful horses and I still know where every one is ....they are all happy and much loved and that is a wonderful thing. Many I've regreted parting with, but each one went due to circumstances beyond my control ......... Eve is probably my biggest regret. But what a decision Eve or Hokey ........many have had their opinions, but I'm happy with what I have done.
Please join me in my Hokey Pokey experiences

8 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's always a hard decision to part with a horse. I love Eve and am sorry she's gone from your life. But I'm sure you found her a loving home where she'll be happy. Mosaic will also be happy in his new home.

Hokey Pokey is still there for you and I wish you the best with finding time to take it easier. With only one horse I'm betting that Hokey becomes more loving towards you. Best of luck.

Terry said...

Sorry you had to make a hard decision. I look forward to Hokey's progress.

Val said...

At least they went to good homes and are alive and well. Your relationship with Hokey will probably change now that you are one-on-one. I look forward to your journey.

jill said...

Yep its hard isnt it? Good luck on your new road. Things have a way of figuring themselves out sometimes, not always in the way we want or expect.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Hugs,so tough to part with her I am sure, but looking forward to your journey with Hokey

Nikker said...

Hugs to you. You're one tough cookie, and have been through so much this last year. You know what's best for you...grab it and give it heck. Wishing you happiness in your adventures with Hokey!

cheyenne jones said...

Hi Sally! Dont worry, I`ll hang on in there with you. I`m sure lots of others will too!
Good luck and keep us all posted!

allhorsestuff said...

I'm crying now too...but your reasoning, would have been mine as well. The ones that are difficult are misunderstood by many. They can become a breaking point for folks...I am glad that you didn't allow that to happen to him. He has the most to offer you and to teach you!

I'm sad and happy...I am so glad it is spring and the weather will be cheering you on as well as us here!!
HANG IN LOVELY!!
XO
Kac