Sunday, October 14, 2012

Spring rain

I'm sure the weather is completely up the wop .....not sure how else to describe it really!!!!. We have just had a two week break and it's back to work tomorrow.....24 eager students ready and refreshed for the last school term of the year. I'm going to finish this and go to bed as well or I will be the grumpy teacher first day back.
 The two weeks have not resulted in much horsey stuff. The rain and strong winds have meant lots of inside time .....plenty of good books read and other stuff done. But Hokey is becoming more and more friendly which has been wonderful. He has a little new welsh buddy for a while. We are looking after a friends pony and getting him going a bit better. So I did do some work with him ....lessons in how to lunge .....and then got on bareback as I didn't have a girth that fit. I must admit after riding big horses going to 13hh was a bit different. There is simply nothing in front.....just these tiny wee ears.
 Anyway the plan is to help Toni out by getting the pony used to kids, the road, dogs, pony club etc. So we will see how that goes.


 Next week I'm going to get a saddle back on Hokey ....and we will start long reining again. He was a super start last time so hopefully he hasn't forgot anything!!
P.S .....typical!!! these photos were taken tonight ....last night of the holiday and you guessed it .....the sky cleared!

7 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

But thats what happens! When the World conspires against you! The weather is up the shoot here too! Rain and more rain. So chin up and best foot forward.

Terry said...

What pretty coloring Hokey has!

sally said...

Cheyenne - yes I'm sure the world is conspiring against us with the rain

Terry - I think Hokey has pretty colouring too. He will darken up heaps with rugs I'm sure....but for now we are in bare and beautiful mode

Emmi said...

Just found your blog, great post!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Loved the pictures and glad Hokey is doing well. I'm sure he hasn't forgot all his past training. He's so cute.

Nikker said...

Sorry your break was rained out, that just isn't fair!
Great pictures! What mountain are we looking at in the last one? (Geography was not my strongest subject in school! LOL)

sally said...

Emmi - glad you popped by and enjoyed the visit
GHM - yes my wee Hokey is going great and remembers everything with gentle reminders....and I think he is cute too
Nikker - the Mountain is Mount Taranaki on the west coast of the North Island NZ. It is a volcanic peak ( dormant) ....a lot like Mt Shasta in North California. It rises directly out of the sea. SO we get to surk in the morning and ski in the afternoon